As part of the 2016 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to help protect your personal data we need to let you know about how that personal data is processed by us to perform the services we have agreed with you. We will do this in the privacy notice below which also replaces the data protection clause (paragraph E) in your current client agreement(s).
We would point out that The Mulberry Mortgage Company maintains a deliberate “no pressure, no salesmanship” policy which has served us very well since the company began in 2005. This means that we do not send mass marketing emails, and nor do we ever sell on our clients' information to third parties. The only time you will hear from us is:
(i) When you have asked for us to contact you (for instance, you have sent us an email or given us a call)
(ii) When you have an application for a mortgage or insurance product ongoing and we need to request additional information/documents and/or provide updates on the application
(iii) To suggest mortgage-relevant insurance products, where applicable. Where we do this, we will send a single email and do not “chase” or pressure clients into taking these products.
(iv) To thank you for your business once a mortgage or insurance application has been completed.
(v) Near the time of expiry of any “special rate” mortgage product, such as a fixed or tracker rate, we will contact you in order to review your mortgage arrangements and see if we can save you money on your next mortgage deal.
As such, the form below is a generic one which is designed to satisfy GDPR regulatory requirements, and not an indication that we have any intention of pestering you with marketing emails!
Our Privacy Notice
1. We will collect and store your personal and financial information which will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended, extended, re-enacted or consolidated from time to time (including without limitation the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679/EC) (data protection legislation). We will use your information to ensure proper performance of our agreement with you and to comply with our legal obligations when providing the services as further described below.
2. We will use your name, address, email address, contact number, date of birth, national insurance number and financial information (‘personal information’) to provide our services to you and verify your identity and this may require us to pass your personal information to our group companies, electronic verification providers, product providers or other financial firms such as lenders, banks, insurers, fund managers and platform providers. Should you decide not to procced with our services, we will delete your personal information.
3. We will pass your personal information to Tenet*, our mortgage network as they are responsible for the services we provide to you (or their professional advisers) for compliance and monitoring purposes as detailed in the "Important Information about our Services" document that we have previously provided you. Further detail regarding how Tenet will use your data can be found on its website at www.tenetgroup.co.uk or by contacting Tenet on 0113 239 0011.
4. We may be required to pass on your personal information to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) to help with an investigation or complaint or other authorities as required by law.
5. We may need to collect sensitive personal data including information about your health, ethnic origin, or criminal prosecutions from third parties such as employers and credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and other similar organisations in order to provide you with the services, for example where you require advice on mortgage or protection products.
*Tenet means Tenet Group Limited, Tenet Limited, TenetConnect Limited, TenetConnect Services Limited, TenetLime Limited, its associated companies and its network of appointed representatives.
You may exercise your right to withdraw your consent and opt-out of receiving any marketing information from us at any time. To opt-out of receiving such information you can click on the unsubscribe button contained in any communication received or by contacting us (email us by clicking here or call 01752 600087) providing us with your name and contact details.